View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #45
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by talizh View Post
I really hope that the native reading apps (Onyx Reader and Neo Onyx Reader) on the T68 are quickly updated so that they can merge the annotations with a PDF file like was possible on the I62HD and M92. It is a giant step backwards, otherwise. The T68 is a great device but I already find myself going back to my older Onyx machines to get serious work done because it is useless having a bunch of highlights and notes that cannot be transferred to my computer.

Of course there are other PDF reader apps that can be installed. Even Moon Reader has the ability to highlight PDF files and these annotations can be seen after transferring the PDF to the computer, but none of these other apps are customized for the e-ink screen as nicely as the Onyx apps. They often appear washed out or have serious ghosting issues. These are not deal-breaking problems by any means (I find RepliGo Reader with reflow is readable in most cases but the page turn buttons do not work and there is still ghosting to deal with) but the crispness of the text in the Onyx apps is so much better...yet a better reading experience is balanced by the fact that I cannot export my highlights. So it is either read on apps that were not designed for e-ink but can merge annotations with a PDF or read on apps designed for e-ink but lack this basic PDF functionality. For people who are thinking about using this device as a serious academic/study device this could be an issue.

That said, it is a lovely little device but can be a bit frustrating for someone who was accustomed to the PDF merge function on the older software.
I echo this concerns 100%. And I know Arta-Tech guys are also reading this board - take this under serious consideration in the next updates, please!
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote