View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 05:05 AM   #28
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
But I'm not familiar with the weight of a Forma vs. the weight of an iPad.
The Forma is 197g, it doesn't have a case or cover; I transport it in a padded bag. The iPad is 710g, it has a silicon back, smart cover and rotating hand strap. So, the iPad is more than 3 times the weight. I can assure you my wrists notice the difference very quickly (let alone my shoulders when I go into the office with the iPad in my satchel).

When I lost the hand strap when turning out the sitting room last month, my wrists were in trouble when I was using the iPad. (The hand strap allows me to hold the iPad on my flat hand safely - I'd be in danger of dropping it otherwise.)

The 7" Libra Colour is 199g without cover or case, so it matches my 8" Forma. I'd probably want a case with it to store the stylus which will add some weight; not sure how much additional weight - it's not on Kobo.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote