Thread: MobileRead May 2016 Special Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, even though I nominated The Steerswoman, and would really like it to win, I can also vote for The Door Into Summer. Both are good books that we will enjoy reading, IMO.

The Steerswoman has the virtue of being lesser known, and with strong female protagonists, making it rather different than classic SF. Plus the idea of the steerswomen (who do include some steersmen) is interesting and unique.

The Door into Summer is classic Heinlein, classic time travel paradoxes, and has Pixel, the cat. All good things. And while it is somewhat more expensive, it's not outside my limit, and it does have an audio edition, a plus for those who prefer to read that way.

As for BNW, I've made my views clear. I'll not be reading it, regardless.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote