View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 03:18 PM   #3533
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Haven't posted in awhile. The Flu by Jacqueline Druga and narrated by Dave Courvoisier was good. I'll skip over the average books but did want to mention Starship Vectors - Allan Kaster ed. which was outstanding both for chosen short stories and Tom Dheere as narrator. I bought it at Audible. Another surprising good one was Live and Let Die - Ian Flemming narrated by Rory Kinnear. I found it enjoyable from start to finish despite its age. This was part of a series of celebrity recordings for the entire James Bond collection. Unfortunately, it appears currently pulled from the Audible catalog.

Currently listening to Shogun by James Clavell and narrated by Ralph Lister. Excellent so far!! I'm about 10 hours in. I can see why this book was so popular when it first came out! Very good writing that moves. I bought this at Audible when it was still a single recording. The publisher pulled it and replaced it as two parts in December. It is the same recording. Yah, there's a lot of controversy over that.

Last edited by Tarana; 04-12-2024 at 07:02 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote