View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 05:25 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The DX/DXG only reads PDF (badly) and original mobi. Maybe text. Certainly not epub.

Also if it's been flat the date resets to 1970 and nothing works.

type
;date
into search and it will show Date, time and timezone.

It's unlikely to work if it has 1970

Only two ways to set date:
1) Connect to cellular. It can use 2G GSM EDGE or 3G (if an International version). Takes up to a day. If you are in the USA it likely can't connect. Mostly finds 2G EDGE here in Ireland though there is still 3G.

2) Jail break and setup USB Networking. I did jail break (I have covers as sleep screen now) but I didn't get networking working, but didn't spend much time.

Or it could be the Flash memory.

Allegedly it's low on RAM so never got the azw3 backport firmware of the K3.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW
Quote:
Kindle DX (2nd Generation) 2.5.8

Your serial number starts with B004 download this file.
After your device has fully updated, download and install the Kindle Services Update.

Your serial number starts with B005 download this file.
After your device has fully updated, download and install the Kindle Services Update.

Your serial number starts with B009 download this file.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-25-2024 at 05:28 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote