View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 11:02 AM   #44103
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The irony!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Indeed! I was thinking the same thing.
We didn't sell a lot of light fixtures, some simple one occasionally. We did sell the light bulbs.

But my father is finding that light fixtures that fit in a high ceilinged old building won't all fit in a modern apartment. They are using the table lamps and two standing lamps. But the big globe shades (40cm+) don't fit will in a regular apartment.

In the kitchen and bathroom the former owner had build in spot lights. Which aren't my father's favourite (really, none of us like them). So he found lights that will fit into the holes in the ceiling but have a bulb protruding outward so it gives more general light. The only problem is my father didn't get a LED driver, so he needs to still get that before he can install the ceiling lights.

Then they need ceiling light fixtures. They basically want elegant looking boob lights, but all you can get in most lighting stores are either very basic, plastic ones or very modern ones that my parents don't like. For this week they have a trip planned to a store they bought the dining chairs from, they sell a lot of second hand items in parents' style, including light fixtures.

If they can't find anything they like my father said he would make them himself. Which made my mother sigh. Whilst my father can make light fixtures the chances of that happening quickly/at all are very slim.

Mind you, lighting is difficult we have found ourselves. Either it's really modern or it's a light fixture where you look straight into bulb and it's blinding, especially if it's a brighter bulb.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote