View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 05:28 AM   #44102
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's only the first Friday of the month, the rest of the month we're going on Sunday. This week was the first and it was good. My mother was craving pizza so we ordered that.

My parents are settling in. They're still waiting for a bunch of furniture and they have to go shopping for light fixtures and a coffee table. The cats are also settling in well.
Well, it sounds like the Great Retirement goes well then. I have to constantly remind myself that your parents are not MY (late) parents' ages; they're mine (age) so that I stop thinking of them as debilitated invalids, lol, in their late-80's-90's!

Quote:
My sister and I are now at the stage where we're going through our things and see what will fit in the new house, and for the things that won't fit we have to decide what we're throwing away, what we're donating and what we're putting up online to give away for free (big things that won't fit in my sister's car). This afternoon we're heading for my sister's garage and hopefully finish sorting that stuff and afterwards we're going to pick up a couple of boxes of dvds/cds/book from my storage unit to sort through next week.
Ah, reminds me I need to finish clearing out my "commercial" closets...all the biz suits, etc. that I wore and will no longer ever need. I admit it's oddly difficult to toss them.

Quote:
Looking at houses is very addictive. I've still got the app on my tablet and regularly look at apartments and houses for fun. Mind you, I always loved TV shows like BBCs Homes under the Hammer and Escape to the Country, so it shouldn't surprise me.
I was never one for those home improvement shows, so this actually did surprise me, but hey. Knowing her, it'll take her a year to find something and then, abruptly, in the space of 3 days, she'll find it, sign, move. LOL. She's like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The irony!
Indeed! I was thinking the same thing.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote