View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 07:41 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Hah! “Just when I thought I was out....”

I’m out of Audible right now, and glad of it. Too many owned unheard books and the cold reality is that I seem to listen to OverDrive and Hoopla as much as Audible. (Hmm, in fact, right now I’m listening to one book apiece on Audible, Hoopla and OverDrive. That’s unusual; I usually just have two going.)

As for the Plus catalog, virtually all the books that interest me are available on-demand from Hoopla. So it would be a hefty premium to pay just for an admittedly better app; Hoopla’s good enough. But for someone who prefers an MP3 player, Hoopla’s obviously a non-starter, and that’s if your library has it.
No Hoopla for me; that was the only thing I liked about FLP. I notice that with my membership change, my Audible wish list now indicates whether a book is in the Plus catalog, which is nice--I have three that are, none of them high priority, but I'll be happy to listen for free.

Audible has books that my libraries don't have. That's the only real value for me--the daily deals and the sales are usually useless.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote