View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 03:00 AM   #181
hrezaei
hrezaei began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifgena View Post
How did you manage to do this? I've been trying to find a program that will extract from the bin file for hours. I've tried 7zip/universal extractor/magic iso

Please help or share the file?

"Thank you guys for your posts.
I managed to get the screen reader running on oasis.
I googled and found the kindle tool, used windows cmd and extracted amazon's voice file, and there was a file there called "data.stgz" I managed to extract that using 7zip and I found the voice folder there!
So i just dropped the folder into kindle's root directory and when i plug my adapter now, It works!"

I'm sorry, I can't share the file, do to whatever rule that doesn't allow me to share kindle's own voicefile that's already posted on amazon's website.

Here's what you need to do: download kindletool from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187880
check the attachments, and download according to your OS.
Let's assume your OS is windows. then download kindletool-v1.6.4-mingw.zip
after download, unzip kindletool.exe, and put it in C:\users\YourUserName
then, open CMD (start menu, type cmd, press enter)
Then if you type kindletool by itself and press enter, It will show you how to use the program.
I'm not home right now, but I think the command was like, "kindletool extract yourvoicefile.bin"
after you extracted it, go to windows explorer (c:\users\YourUserName) and there's a new folder created, and inside of that there is a data file there. extract it with 7zip and you get the voice folder.
copy the voice folder into your oasis root directory and restart system.
you're good to go. plug in your sound card and it'll work.

Last edited by hrezaei; 11-11-2016 at 03:02 AM.
hrezaei is offline   Reply With Quote