View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 09:46 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The overdrive feature on the Kobo is only enabled in certain countries. It's not enabled in Ireland. Our County Library uses Libby for some content and that only works on Android here (not sure on iOS). They also use Borrowbox for other content, which works on some but not other Android, even using same version!

As Tolino is using Android, it's irrelevant if a model is even identical to a Kobo model. It will be MTP and not USB Mass Storage. Likely only Title and Author (or any things that are standard epub metadata in the epub) work as Calibre doesn't access the database directly on any MTP using device.

Kobo took over Tolino which serves the German market.

It's unlikely a Kobo in Germany can access the German libraries, as that doesn't work in Ireland. I suppose I could switch one of my Kobos to being "in the USA" and test.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote