View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 09:33 PM   #47
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I was made to read "The Old Man and the Sea" in high school. I think 90% of that is an old man sitting in a boat while a fish dragged it around. I remember the English teacher admitting that he kind of hated it, lol.
I never really _got_ the fuss about Hemingway. I'm going to try The Sun also Rises. I like the subject--the lost (i.e. dissipated?) American generation in Paris in the 20s. I skimmed it so far. The prose is simple and effective, but special? Nope. What looked interesting were the dissipated and bohemian character getting sloshed.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote