View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 01:38 PM   #9
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I'm with you - I have no problem using the credits, and have no reason to wait to redeem them!

But I do find it annoying that when I have available credit, Amazon likes to subtract my credit from the price of the book(s) I'm looking at, and pretend/display that the book is at that lower "price", and not its real, pre-credit price. Not that I don't understand why they do it, maybe they'll suck me into buying a more expensive book than I wanted, but it's just so transparently disingenuous that it's kind of offensive. But then many things about Amazon are offensive ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
You are smarter than me, playing the long game. I buy too many books set at $2-4. So I always have something ready to use my credits on.

I also use Microsoft's Bing for search because Google doesn't need to know every single thing about me. Bing gives you points for searching and every 5,200 points I can get a $5 Amazon gift card. It takes me about three weeks to accumulate that amount of points.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote