Thread: StoryGraph MR Reading Challenge Masterpost
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 08:36 PM   #42
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I'm mow halfway through Il Principe: testo semplificato in italiano corrente and the publishers have done a great job, it's a lot easier to follow than I expected. It starts with a preface that really drives home the amazing work that translators do. The preface talks about the difficulties and challenges of taking a book written in Medieval Tuscan and putting it into simplified contemporary standard Italian. That left me thinking " if that translation, moving it through time from one language to its child language, was hard, moving an author's thoughts between completely unrelated languages is little short of miraculous"

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 02-02-2023 at 08:44 PM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote