Thread: StoryGraph MR Reading Challenge Masterpost
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 02:03 PM   #39
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm already 75% through it. It has some earmarks of Otsuka (a family that was interned), but the back half is thoroughly unsettling (and beautifully done).
The first section about the pool was one of the most accurate and evocative pieces of prose I’ve ever read. For me, I think the key identifying trait of Otsuka’s writing is the use of the first person plural.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote