View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 07:16 AM   #11
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's certainly something I've never wanted to do. The more contrast, the better for me.

You yourself said the Inkpad 4 has relatively poor contrast. I haven't seen it and I went by what you posted about it in the Pocketbook forum. Now you say that no other reader has any better contrast and the Inkpad 4 actually is better than most others? Which is it then? Is it poorer than other Carta 1200 screens or better?

Not that it matters much to me, I'm not in the market for a new reader, nor am I particularly interested in Pocketbooks. I'm quite satisfied with my Kobos. But there's a couple of contradictions in your posts about the Inkpad 4.
To put it straight: Inkpad 4 has a significantly better contour and contrast as a reader with the E-INK Carta, but it does not achieve as strong a contrast as a reader with the same EiINK Carta 1200 screen.

In short, the contrast against the previous models is of course good, but against the Kobo or Tolino (for models with E-INK Carta 1200 type screen), the contrast is not so pronounced, which quite surprises me, that's all.

"" But I think it's intentional on Pocketbook's part, since strong contrast can be too aggressive for some readers and PB doesn't offer the possibility of font contrast in the settings, so they chose a compromise. ""

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 12-28-2023 at 07:20 AM.
Michal Jancik is online now   Reply With Quote