View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 06:29 AM   #9
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
In my case it's the other way around - the weaker the contrast, the faster my eyes tire. That's why I no longer read paper books. I need good contrast.
The contrast of the Inkpad 4 model is still better than that of previous models of Pocketbook readers.

I have also been looking for a reader with the highest contrast for years, but in the end, when I bought Tolin, I had to reduce the contrast a bit (in Koreader), because such a strong contrast may not be so pleasant in the evening hours.

Here is a photo of the screen of my Inkpad 4, if that's not enough for you, then buy an OLED file, because no other reader will give you significantly stronger contrast:

Here you can see the Inkpad 4 compared to the Inkpad 3 (the inkpad is on the upper side with stronger contrast):

Unfortunately, I only took the photos quickly with my phone, in reality the contrast is much more pronounced, if you want I will add some photos to you in the afternoon.

Koreader (default Contrast) :

I would like to remind you that the contrast of Inkpad 4 is still better than the previous E-INK Carta. I myself was obsessed with a very strong contrast, but over time I realize that contrast is not everything..

I think that the main advantage of the Inkpad 4 is the almost perfect uniformity of the backlight, which is quite a rarity for this size display.

If you don't need protection through the screen (as in the case of the Inkpad 4), I would recommend either Kobo or Tolino (essentially identical screens from the same manufacturer) if you are only interested in contrast.

"Good luck"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231226_023547.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	813.6 KB
ID:	205445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran du 2023-12-28 12-31-42.png
Views:	369
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	205446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran du 2023-12-28 13-12-25.png
Views:	378
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	205447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran du 2023-12-28 13-14-02.png
Views:	371
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	205448  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 12-28-2023 at 03:17 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote