View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 07:01 AM   #1
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Red face Ever read a book out loud?

Ever read a book out loud? I was thinking of just for the heck of it, but also to someone or for recording.

I go for a daily walk and I've listened to podcasts or radio plays to while away the time. There are enough interruptions from jets and traffic and general spacing out. I've started to read a novel out loud during my walks.

Part of this is the whole post-Covid, "If I don't talk more, my tongue will atrophy". The other part is that it's a foreign language and I'm trying to improve my accent. I like that I can do this at my own pace, pause for tangental thoughts or noteable flora or fauna. The path is well-beaten and I know it well enough that I don't have to concentrate on it.

Any thoughts?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote