View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 05:41 AM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post

Page loading, tabs and scrolling were referring to Libra2 browser and you not having high standards to the second device.
After initial tests on each new model and having Chrome, Firefox and einkbro on an Android eink, I conclude that eink is for reading real ebooks, not PDFs or webpages or Print replica.

Novels. I'm almost never wanting to look up something on the Internet while reading a novel.

I can see little value to getting an eink device if you don't read many novels.

The main value of Andriod on eink seems to be to use loans and other ebook reading apps for bought books, especially if you can't be bothered removing DRM. Except for loans it's better to remove DRM.

Kindle & Kobo can use their associated shop's subscription loans and in some countries the public library. In those situations there is no need for the Android bloat.
Some Andriod Apps won't work on eink (that should work) and the App developer isn't going to have Boox, Boyue, Meebook etc to test on.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-11-2024 at 05:48 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote