View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 10:26 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by peekpoke View Post
On Debian 12, after installing Calibre 7.4 and libxcb-cursor0
I get this error (I did try re-installing):
Out of a perhaps morbid curiosity, I spun up a new Debian 12.4 64bit VM. The first pass at installing calibre from the command line at calibre-ebook.com gave the error message about "You are missing the system library libxcb-cursor.so.0. Try installing packages such as libxcb-cursor0 or xcb-cursor". So I ran apt-get install libxcb-cursor0 and it installed the package happily. Re-ran the command line and it installed calibre happily enough. Running calibre asked me for the location to store the library and came up with no apparent issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	debian-12_calibre74.png
Views:	35
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	206079  

Last edited by DNSB; 01-28-2024 at 11:39 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote