View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 07:57 AM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But in most cases, you have no need for javascript. As long as this eBook is just a simply formatted novel, don't use any advanced code. The simpler the code the more it's compatible.
I answered the OP question; he wanted to know if it was possible to adapt an ebook to the user device.

Regarding your second statement, I wrote here many times that an epub must be an epub3 with fallback code for epub2. Your simply formatted novel to me is a challenge to convert it in somethimg more elaborated, with nice chapter headings, dropcaps, fleurons, etc., etc., etc. Here you have two screenshots of a simple novel of mines:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2024-04-27-09-00-39.png
Views:	54
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	207866 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2024-04-27-09-00-57.png
Views:	52
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	207867

The dropcap is controlled by javascript so always it has a perfect size (on epu3).

Last edited by RbnJrg; 04-27-2024 at 08:06 AM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote