View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 05:33 AM   #47
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinykari View Post
Is there a way to pull a "Name" formatted column into a Column, Built from Other Columns (Behaves like tags)?

My #koboshelves composite column template is

It pulls in the #fandom and #pairing data, but the #characters data, which is in a column that's formatted as "Ampersand formatted text, show in tags browser" and as "Names," doesn't populate.
It works fine for me.

Here is my column definition for the column like your #characters.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	73
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	203539

Here is the template for my composite column

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	79
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	203540

Here is the result, shown in the book list.

Name:	Clipboard05.png
Views:	76
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	203542

Do note that there can be problems copying data from a 'contains names' column (& separated) to a 'like tags' column (comma separated). If a name contains a comma than it is considered 2 tags. If this is possible then you should use re() to convert the commas into something else, perhaps a semicolon.

Also note that the tags in "like tags" composites are sorted. The order won't be the implied order in the template.
Quote:
Right now I created a work around by using Action Chains to manually copy the info from the #characters column into a new plain "Comma separated text" column and pulling THAT into the #koboshelves column, but I'd like to remove that extra step if possible.

ETA: And another question! Is there an easy way (preferably using mass edit/search & replace) to take information from the #pairing column (formatted as Character A/Character B) and copy that into a #characters column as Character A & Character B?
Yes, using search & replace in regexp mode. Something like this:

Name:	Clipboard07.png
Views:	74
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	203544

Here is the booklist before running the S&R

Name:	Clipboard06.png
Views:	63
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	203543