Thread: Prime Day 2023
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 02:31 PM   #41
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
NOTE

This will be my last Prime Day. Because of an ongoing issue I'm having with Amazon Wireless (a Prime benefit), I will NOT renew my Prime subscription in Nov.
I really appreciate all the work you've put into these threads, even if Prime Day's largely sucked through most of its existence. I don't know how you had the time and patience to do it, but it was greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
[B]In case anyone's interested in this huge Prime benefit. Multi-billion dollar Amazon is giving away a whole $250. Sure hope they don't raise the price for Prime to cover this huge hit to their bottom line.
Well shit, that's probably going to lead to a $25 a year price increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
Tubemonkey: what ngrant said.
To answer the question: what's the real benefit of Prime Day? Now it's almost none unless you are following items which are not available on other shopping sites. That is pretty much the Amazon brands.
Even a lot of Amazon brands stuff's available on other shopping sites, because they do so many knockoffs of popular products. You can just find the originals (or other knockoffs of it) elsewhere. I bought a tablet stand years ago, a neat little one that folds up nice and compact. When I needed another one a few years later, I had to buy an Amazon Basics version that's an exact duplicate, except having Amazon's branding on it.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote