View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 12:57 PM   #10
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1414ettam View Post

As I stated earlier I am currently studying and am going the digital text book to save money so i don't have the money to be able to just buy and try a tablet without being able to test it out first. This is hopefully were you guys can help and offer some advice.
You're going to need to take a long hard look at the relevant textbook providers, both now and in the future of your course, and their DRM situation and compatible systems. In general you are going to find an Android or iOS tablet much more flexible in that regard (as well as providing a colour display, which is important in many textbooks). You also usually get a bit more bang for your buck with tablets, especially if you shop trailing-edge and refurbs.

As far as "easy read" goes, just turn down the brightness to a comfortable reading level instead of having it blare at you.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote