View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 08:26 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I forget what the feature, if any, on reMarkable PDF bookmarks.
Kindle Scribe and Kobo Elipsa and Kobo Sage (8″ but more pixels than 10.3″ Elipsa) certainly do bookmarks (per page and list per book) and can export them. Separately creatable highlights with annotations only work well on "real" ebooks, azw3/FXX on Kindle or kepub/epub on Kobo. PDFs are not ebooks. They are paper replicas in electronic format, thus fixed size page by designer. The "real" ebooks are reflowable (mobi, lrf, azw, azw3, kfx, epub), though there are PDF like fixed page size /layout documents related to the ebook formats to facilitate Amazon DRM or use ebook retailers etc.

Current Elipsa & Sage FW allow crop per PDF of margins. They allow writing on the PDF with the pen and that's an extra layer when copied elsewhere. The Scribe needs PDFs to be sent & retrieved from Amazon when they become fixed layout KFX so you can write on them. That probably fails with DRMed PDFs.

Adobe:
There are many different Adobe tools. The Kobo supports ADE on Windows or Mac to authorise DRM infested ebooks. ADE is free. There is also ADE viewer for Android and one built in on Kobo, it's for epubs, not PDFs.

I stopped using Adobe PDF tools years ago, using 3rd party ones. Less buggy. I'd not use Photoshop or InDesign either.

Also Adobe's subscription model is very expensive.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-09-2024 at 08:34 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote