View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 02:59 AM   #1
1414ettam
1414ettam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Text book pdf reader for study

Hey guys, i did a search but couldn't find the exact answers i was looking for and was hoping to get some help.

I am currently studying and have PDF textbooks to cut down on costs, however having to use my laptop is irritating at best. I am therefor looking into an e-reader as I can see the potential in them. While i was looking into it i noticed these dual readers, remarkable 2 and kindle scribe, which could be handy.

As I stated earlier I am currently studying and am going the digital text book to save money so i don't have the money to be able to just buy and try a tablet without being able to test it out first. This is hopefully were you guys can help and offer some advice.

The things I feel are must have:
-PDF reading and good navigation
-Custom book marks in the PDF's so i can easily navigate to equations, formulas and definitions within chapters/subchapters. Would be great to have a bookmark that takes me directly to a page in the book that has my notes connected to it
-Easy reading screen to reduce eye strain.

The things i feel could be useful but potentially not neccessary:
-Writing over the pdf and note taking (depending how well it works, I still use paper and pen for my notes)
-Handwriting to text (I study physics so i don't see me getting much use of this feature unless it can convert equations)

Perhaps if there are things that i haven't considered that you guys feel are important. Or if some of my wants are not possible.

At the moment the only tech i have is a laptop and a phone so i am fully open to the best suit to my needs. Budget I am looking at is max going up to a Remarkable 2 or kindle scribe (price comparison should work for all countries) but would prefer to only pay for the things that i feel are 100%neccesary.

Thanks in advance
1414ettam is offline   Reply With Quote