View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 11:05 AM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
I know [BOOX @ Page], but I use the [BOOX @ Leaf 2] model, which is very similar in many ways.
* I returned to ONYX after my Inkpad 4 touch screen stopped working after just 3 months, I will never buy another device from Pocketbook again, even because of the disastrous optimization and limited settings for ePUB books

I'm of the opinion that if you're looking for a book reader based solely on simplicity, Caliber support, not buying books online, KOBO is the logical choice. .

On the device [BOOX @ LEAF2], I really like the font settings, weight, contrast, etc., but here KOBO competes dangerously, IMHO KOBO has the best settings of all the competition.

What I like about Leaf 2 are the expanded options for setting fonts and pages. (KOBO has everything you need in this direction as well).

BOOX PAGE could be an advantage for you if you wanted to support the audio format (AIDIO-BOOKS) or the TTS function (text-to-speech) thanks to BT and the external speaker that BOOX has.
When I use Caliber, there is no problem with ONYX, the device is automatically recognized, I just added where I want certain book formats to be copied. (which format to which folder on the BOOX device)

* I also noticed that when I compare current book readers that use an additional layer of display protection, the BOOX has better contrast and writing sharpness compared to the Pocketbook. The fact that it is a device that uses the ANDROID operating system, the battery is very correct compared to a device like the Tolino Vusion 6, where the battery lasted about as long as a normal Android tablet.

Nevertheless, the KOBO LIBRA 2 is an excellent device with a beautiful contrast screen. If you are mainly interested in just reading, the KOBO LIBRA 2 is a completely logical choice.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-11-2024 at 12:36 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote