View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #6
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I see, our preferences differ. I prefer to have those things that I consider as belonging together also grouped together in the list. Anyway, since the two scripts are on the user partition (and no other scripts are depending on them) everybody can rename them according to taste.
I prefer the grouping too.
Its more logical.
I changed it after an "accident" happened.
Quote:
I have no problem with the "0." I meant to say that the expression "battery spend" sounds strange to me. I would rather expect "battery discharge," "battery discharged" or something like that. But since I am not a native English speaker, I cannot really propose anything.
I'm also foreign to the English language.
I like the "discharge" version.
Maybe some native English speaker can enlighten us?
Quote:
I think for some people this might be helpful. It just came to my mind that I could modify poweroff.sh a little so that it works for KSM 07 and 08. But since the location of this file is different in 07 and 08, we still need two different installation packages. (By the way there was a screen rotation problem with the 07 poweroff.sh. You cannot see it on the Glo).

Update: I modified poweroff.sh. I expect it to work on 07 (update 4) and 08. I did not test it, since I do not have a Kobo with me. I will test it under 08 this evening.
We could use the same installation package for 07 and 08, if we do not care that poweroff.sh will be copied to two different locations. -We could get rid of the unnecessary file afterwards with the help of udev/rules.d, but I do not care for the moment.
This is excellent!
I tried the poweroff.sh and it works with my KSM7 Glo.

I agree to use one package for everything.
It makes things easier for everybody.
I can rename the scripts the more "logical" way.
The existence of an extra file that nobody uses is no problem I think.

But maybe there is a difference in the other script's location too.
From your KoboRoot.tgz structure I can see that they must be copied to the kbmenu_user folder and not to the kbmenu that the KSM7 uses.
Is this going to impose any more problems?
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote