View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 03:39 AM   #2
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookchin View Post
I'm assuming it's a likely given, but just curious if you people here the next Boox Max (whatever the 13.3" will be called) will use the new Carta 1300 e-ink?
Who knows. With Boox it's better not to hope. They obviously don't care about what their customers want so much as what parts they can easily and cheaply get their hands on and quickly get on the market. Their hardware choices are puzzling. Nobody seemed to like the camera on the Tab Ultra - they went ahead and included it anyway for the Tab Ultra Pro C.

Now they seem stubbornly focused on colour devices. My guess is that the next 13" device will be using Kaleido 3. Who knows if they'll bother releasing a BW version, too.

I think I'll just wait out the current generation of Boox devices (except for the Palma, which I bought). They have poor battery life with no quick charging, Kaleido screens (which I don't want) and I'd have to choose between either worse screen quality (Note Air 3C with its writing surface) or a camera bump (Tab Ultra C Pro).

They all seem like Beta devices at this point. As does the software.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote