View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 09:15 AM   #5
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I noted your mention of the Tomalin biography. I’ve only read her biography of Nelly Ternan, Dickens’ mistress, which was fantastic. I doubt I’ll bother with her Austen bio as this will be enough Jane to hold me for quite some time. Mostly, I’m not all that interested in author’s biographies unless the life itself was interesting or it casts a wider net, which in fairness this book by Worsley does. I attribute that in part to a very influential high school English teacher who was a strong advocate of New Criticism.
Take a peek at Shapland then. Might not be to your taste at all, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did my thesis on Southern Gothic, so it was fun ride for me.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote