View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 08:00 AM   #1
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Jane Austen at Home: A Biography by Lucy Worsley

I thought I'd start a thread since at least one other person is reading this right now.

I won't spoil my thoughts on the book as a whole, but I do feel like I got more out of it because I've also read Claire Tomalin's biography, which Worsely references (and argues with) throughout.

I appreciated the tone overall, and the approach. Late last year, I read Jenn Shapland's My Autobiography of Carson McCullers. This quote from Worsley's introduction struck a very similar tone:

Quote:
This is, unashamedly, the story of my Jane, every word of it written with love.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote