View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #64
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I just listened to two narrators for two different Saki short story collections.

I'll give Ian Richardson a 4 for his narration of Saki's The Chronicles of Clovis. He's an actor known for various things including the original UK House of Cards. He had a very florid and dramatic style, and while it contrasted a bit with Saki's simpler language I still really enjoyed it and he really helped to bring the biting wit at times to sparkling life.

Cathy Dobson will get a 3 for Saki's Beasts and Super-Beasts. It would either be a 2 or 3; she has a little bit of a sing-song voice and didn't do much with different voices, but I'll settle on 3 because she was adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Actually, they let you search on narrator in your library. Go to the main Library view, and type in the narrator's name in the search box. This returns all books in your library with that narrator. (Note it will also include any books for which they are the author.)
I meant to reply before, but thank you! It's still strange they don't list them out but this will help.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote