View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 06:34 AM   #355
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As far as I know including several comments from C. S. Lewis, he did not 'delay' some of the books as he did not have some overarching design for the series.
I'm sure he did write about delaying one, maybe The Horse and His Boy. Also he may have changed his mind about the order. He certainly didn't start by planning a series and had things he later "retconned". The Inklings pointed out some inconstancies in TLTWATW.

However I didn't write that over long post to argue a particular order for Narnia, but just that a site like GR ought to list order published, current / last publisher recommended order (if there is one), and author's preferred order if there is one. There may also be an internal chronological order, which might be a 4th list (or a 2nd one) or in a discussion about the series.

But any readers suggested orders shoul donly be in comments or their own library, not official "metadata".

Really I'm writing that's it's not simple, and an author may change their ideas on the order later.

I'm not arguing for a particular order on any series.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote