Thread: MobileRead May 2016 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #14
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
The only books I have ever seen successfully meld science fiction and fantasy are the Caine series by Matthew Stover. I loved the series. Amazing writer! I'm not a fan of his Star Trek novels though.
The Dark Angel trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce is a brilliant blend of science-fiction and fantasy. In fact, it is the best I have encountered. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an ebook version. The PB is easily available, though, and very well presented.

The volumes are:

The Dark Angel
A Gathering of Gargoyles
The Pearl of the Soul of the World.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote