Thread: MobileRead May 2016 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 11:15 AM   #13
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
In the end, I decided to only vote for The Steerswoman and 1632. Both are books I'd like an excuse to re-read, and both are books that I think are approachable and enjoyable by a wide audience -- something I consider important if we're to have good participation in the discussion. Both are also quite inexpensive - $2.99 for The Steerswoman, and FREE for 1632. I do admit that 1632 is longish - 600 pages, something I would normally avoid for one of our selections, but I think this is tolerable given that there is no library delay required to get a copy for free, and it is a tight, well-written book that doesn't have long, tedious, and mind-numbingly boring sections (unlike last month's book.)

The Steerswoman isn't free (but is available on Overdrive), but is quite reasonable in price and is short enough to be a quick read. The book isn't about action and battles, but does none the less move along well and has the virtue of having strong women characters as the principles.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote