Thread: MobileRead May 2016 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #5
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
There are only two books in this that I would probably not read -- one that I've read before (Brave New World) and have no desire to re-read, and the other author (Vonnegut) was spoiled for me at a young age and I'm not over it yet. That being said, this one of his at least sounds possible.

Of the others, I've somewhat recently read the first two, The Steerswoman and 1632. Both were read or re-read in the last couple of years, but I will happily re-read as part of this if either is selected. They're both good enough to withstand rereading without issue, and are, in fact favourites. Two others, the Asimov and the Heinlein, I've read in my youth but have zero memory of, so will read either one if it's selected. And the final one, by Lowry, doesn't really have all that much interest, but it's short enough, I'll read it if we select it.

In any event, I will be here for the discussion if the selected book is one I've read. The whole point of this, after all, is to be able to discuss the books, not just to have a discussion about nominating and voting.

As for my votes? Still deciding.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote