View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 12:50 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Kindle 11 (Basic) is really a 6" paperwhite. October 2022. The Signature edition was indeed October 2021.

Other than offer other sizes such as 5, 7 and 8 or buttons there is nothing much that can be done for an ereader suited to reading novels. More than 8" is too big for that application/market. Colour degrades mono reading and adds cost. Note taking adds nothing but expense for most people.

The 7" Oasis has buttons. So really simply an update of it might be likely.

The PW3 was released the end of June 2015 and really changes since then are marginal for the reading experience. Anyone happy with 6" Kindle that has a PW3 doesn't need an upgrade.
Waterproofing is only "clean" water. Not salt or solvents, because it's just a coating.
USB-C vs micro-USB isn't significant on an ereader.

I find my Kobos better than my Kindles and don't find them too unstable. Kindles have different issues.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote