View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 07:15 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Hi

Onyx Boox has a release rate that drives us all batty. New models pop up with astounding rapidity and apparently minor changes.

They have released major Android updates for some of the older products recently. I think they make an effort to have uniform software across the product line. There are frequent updates. Many have been full updates, although there have been incremental updates too.

They have been until now (knock on wood) very easily rootable. But that depends on either finding a Firehose loader for the SoC or waiting until a software update is released. If they make a change in any of this I will be the first to jump ship.

The ereader user is an astoundly persnickety creature with everybody having very particular tastes. For instance, I want my Bluetooth clicker to flip pages when I depress the button, not when I release it. To do this I have to modify the stock software. Without this ability I wouldn't touch Onyx.

That being said, as a fan of 6" 300 DPI readers, I love my Poke5.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote