View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #62
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post

My biggest overall complaint is the lack of metadata. Only one of my OverDrive sources actually has page count. Ok, I know this is digital and page count is approximate, but I sometimes borrow a book for seven days and discover that it's 1000 pages long! (I try to use the shortest borrowing time to keep the books in circulation.) OverDrive and even Gutenberg only show some pointless dates like eBook release date. It's impossible to search for book originally published in 1950-1980. Moreover, I find the selection is skewed towards recent books and classic (public domain) literature with a big chunk of the 20th century missing.
I keep my default borrowing time set at the longest (21 days) and then just return books early if I finish them before the time is up.

I hate when the publication date shown is not the actual original publication date, but apparently the ebook release date. A couple of times I've checked out what I thought was going to be a new book from a familiar author but found out it was actually just an old book that must've been recently published as an ebook for the first time.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote