View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 01:51 AM   #8
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
The real shocker in the Tab Ultra is that is has... gasp!!! ... a microSD card slot!!!!!

https://shop.boox.com/products/tab

That slot, and the 128 GB of internal storage, could make this an interesting alternative to the Note series.

Edit: For reading purposes.... Unless you're reading pdfs often, I'd go with the Nova Air 2 as a better option. 7.8 inch display, 300 dpi. For me, it's become the ideal size for a reader. Six inch displays are doable but now seem a bit small; 20 inch displays ore okay but seem a bit too big!
The Nova Air 2 on the other hand did not get the SD card slot and only has 32GB storage. That makes no sense to me as both the Tab Ultra and Leaf 2 will now have an SD card slot.

I agree that the 7.8 inch size is pleasant to use. It's also quite good for manga and smaller sized BW comics. And those are exactly what would need more storage - the space on my Nova 3 is running low due to all the comics I have loaded onto it. Some I could read online using Tachiyomi, but then the battery dies quickly..

The Nova 5 (Chinese market only) seems a better deal with both page turn buttons and an SD card slot.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote