View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 09:51 AM   #14
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Well, I have the Kindle Oasis, the Nook Glowlight 4+ and the Nook Glowlight 4e. The GL4+ is my current reader of choice. I like the screen size and the buttons on both sides. I like the Oasis fine but I do change hands a lot so it is a little annoying.

The GL4+ apparently uses MTP file system (I'm not very computer savy) and Calibre cannot access it. I have a Windows 11 computer which sees it just fine. However it comes up as a folder under "This Computer" instead of a usb drive. There is a Nook folder under the "BNV1300" folder. I just copy epub files from Calibre to this folder and it works fine.

The GL4e is a small reader with buttons on both sides. It is obviously not the quality of the larger Nook but it works fine and Calibre can access it. It does not have the warm light. I use it as my "take with me" reader because it fits in my pocket.

It's funny how people complain about the lack of hyphenation on the Nook. I didn't even notice. I had to go look and found it is true. Apparently it doesn't bother me. LOL

The Voyage was by far my favorite reader ever. If Amazon still made it, I would buy one in a heartbeat. But for now, I am happy with my Nooks.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote