View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 03:25 AM   #13
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn_S View Post
I understand that many newer e-readers (amazon Oasis & Scribe, various Kobos, etc.) have buttons on one side and I can rotate the reader so that the buttons are on the left or on the right. But I'm used to moving my reader from hand to hand a lot during reading, like maybe every 10-15 minutes, and having the screen reorient every time seems bothersome. Anyone here has experience in this?
Libra 2 here and I switch hands a fair bit too. The reorientation is close enough to instantaneous - definitely under half a second - by the time I'm ready to read it's done. It doesn't rotate visibly, by the way, it just does a refresh and is upside down at the end of the refresh. Blink and you'll miss it. Some things (like typing) feel a bit clunky going to e-ink from a tablet, but this isn't one of them.

I don't even notice that I'm turning the device now when I change hands - it's automatic and not at all cumbersome to perform.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote