View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 09:00 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Other than that, Nooks are pretty simple devices with few customization options, but they also don't have many issues. The hardware is usually solid.
I'm reading a book on my Nook Glowlight 3 now. I forgot how good its warm light screen is. I can't speak for the Glowlight 4 family, but I do like the buttons on both sides of the bezel, so that would be a plus for me.

I still don't understand their taking away hyphenation and the font sizes they've chosen at the smaller end. But, apparently my eyes have changed enough that one of the font size choices now works for me. So I may be reading quite a few of my books on the Glowlight 3.

I did install KOReader on this GL3, but couldn't figure out how to keep the animation screen from going into a permanent loop (unless you're connected via adb and use a specific command to stop it). Once I got into KOReader I found that it was a whole world of its own and it looks like you can spend quite a bit of time figuring out how to set it up. For now I've just deleted the launcher and KOReader — maybe I'll go back to it later.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote