View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 07:32 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn_S View Post
Huh, I somehow completely forgot about the Nook... Thanks!
So, any insights about migrating from Kindle to Nook? I mostly sideload my ebooks anyway, and my Calibre is set up to automatically convert anything to epub, so that wouldn't be a problem. Any other snags?
The latest Nook won't connect to Calibre on Windows, I hear (I no longer have a Nook myself). The solution is to sideload the books to your Nook using the Save to Disk feature in Calibre first and then drag/drop the files to the Nook via the File Explorer.

If you're using a Mac, then sorry, no idea. I think it's still possible to connect the latest Nook to Calibre on a Mac.

Other than that, Nooks are pretty simple devices with few customization options, but they also don't have many issues. The hardware is usually solid.

Last edited by Sirtel; 03-11-2024 at 07:36 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote