View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 12:56 PM   #1
Fawn_S
Fawn_S began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Reader with buttons on both sides, like Voyage?

Hello everyone, this is my first post here although I have occasionally browsed the forum for a while now. On to my question:

I'm on my second Voyage, bought secondhand after my 1st died. If Amazon were still making them I would buy a 3rd, but as it is I'm trying to prepare for the day I have to replace it.
The feature I like the most, and seems the hardest to find, is having two page turn buttons (or "haptic sensors" or whatever), on BOTH sides. Is there any device on the market that has this?

I understand that many newer e-readers (amazon Oasis & Scribe, various Kobos, etc.) have buttons on one side and I can rotate the reader so that the buttons are on the left or on the right. But I'm used to moving my reader from hand to hand a lot during reading, like maybe every 10-15 minutes, and having the screen reorient every time seems bothersome. Anyone here has experience in this?
The Onyx Darwin 9 seems to have a single button on each side, but I couldn't find details: is the right one for next and the left for prev? Both for next? Are they configurable? Is it true that the Darwin is distributed only in Russia?

I would appreciate any insight!
Fawn_S is offline   Reply With Quote