View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 04:54 PM   #8
svkytbsld
Enthusiast
svkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Let's back up a little. I've been assuming you are getting a Crash Report, but I see now that may not be the case.

Where are you seeing this internal error? From calibre KFX plugin?

Perhaps it is an issue with the ePub files in question. Do they pass epubcheck? If not, I think it can generate 'internal error'. For another 'opinion', try opening in Apple Books. It's pretty picky as well.

If you have brew (Mac package manager), you can install epubcheck with brew install epubcheck. There's a calibre plugin to run it.

if you don't have brew installed, here's how: https://brew.sh
I see it first on Calibre during converison. When I check the conversion log, it says the problem wass Kindle Previewer 3. So I try to open a simple epub with Previewer and as expected, it also says there's an internal error. Its conversion log says nothing beyond this. But Kindle Previewer 3's crash log has something complicated. May be you can understand.

BTW, I am using the simplest test epubs. iBooks opens them without problem and they pass the EPUBCHECK...

I am not gonna be crazy for nothing. :/

[EDIT]: added epub file, Calibre and Kindle Previewer 3 conversion and crash logs
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Calibre Conversion Log.rtf (11.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: rtf Kindle Previewer 3 Crash Log.rtf (26.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: epub Shelley-Frankenstein-en.epub (322.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf Kindle Previewer Conversion Log.pdf (21.0 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by svkytbsld; 12-12-2022 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added epub file, Calibre and Kindle Previewer 3 conversion and crash logs
svkytbsld is offline   Reply With Quote