View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 05:59 PM   #56
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I don't permanently delete books that I have bought. However, I do permanently delete library loans after I have returned the book. I don't see any reason for Amazon to maintain a record of what I have borrowed from the library. It's not like you can re-download the loan from Amazon, and thus may want it listed in your Amazon account. You have to go check it out from the library again. I don't understand why Amazon doesn't just automatically permanently delete library loans. Well, I guess I do probably know why Amazon does this - the more they know about you (which includes knowing what library books you have previously checked out), the better they can specifically target you with marketing. They do it for Amazon's benefit, not yours.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote