View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
ThemStones
ThemStones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
MetaData from FileName and Saving Templates

Hello Everybody

I think I am doing something wrong in the configuration of Calibre 6.26. Perhaps someone could spot the error and put me out of my misery:

1. I use the (well used in the forum) following RegEx to extract MD from the filename :
(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?

2. Testing with Banks, LA - Vampire Huntress Legend 2 - The Awakening.prc works perfectly (in the test output fields)

3. I use the standard output template : {author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}

4. The file is saved as Banks, LA - Vampire Huntress Legend 2 - - Banks_ LA.prc This is the first confusion.

5.Inside Calibre, the Title is reflected as Banks, LA - Vampire Huntress Legend 2 - The Awakening.prc but the series and author(s) details are perfectly correct, as Vampire Huntress Legend [2] and Banks, LA

Having only discovered Calibre 24 hours ago (), I am sure I am doing something blatantly wrong, bur cannot see where. Is there a special way to save options other than using the OK button? I tried making obvious changes to the output template but they don't seem to make any difference to the actual output file's format. It seems as the new template is ignored.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Last edited by ThemStones; 12-05-2009 at 02:07 AM.
ThemStones is offline   Reply With Quote