View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 03:16 PM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Although I have some audiobooks, I rarely listen to them because I dislike silencing the world, even when I'm at home alone. I've tried playing them when I'm working, but they take too much concentration on my part when I'm supposed to be concentrating on work.
I found I can have the radio on while driving, but not book at bedtime or a radio play. Only stuff that doesn't need attention.

Studies show this can also be be a problem with hands-free phone or two-way radio. It's a fallacy that people can multitask. If the conversation needs concentration the driving concentration suffers, perhaps OK on an empty motorway with no obstacles?

Similarly I can cut grass or some other repetitive task while concentrating on an audio book or radio play, but not write / program / edit etc.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote