View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 07:32 AM   #40
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by swepub View Post
Thanks for all feedback!
Now I'm even more confused
But I have some ideas at least and can do some testing to see what I like.
Maybe orphans=1000 and widows=1000 just to fill all pages with text
That may not work.

1) As you increase Widows and Orphans from 1, the occasional white space at the bottom of a page caused by keeping the paragraph text lines together increases.

2) What if a user has a larger font, smaller screen or book has a very large paragraph (I'm looking at you, authors before 1920s)? I think then a single word or line can appear on a next page, which might have no other content. A line or a few lines of a new paragraph won't start at the bottom of page.

3) I think every paragraph that won't fit on a page (either because of being big or already there are paragraphs) will start on a new page.

You likely don't want it that big.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote