View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 06:43 PM   #37
jmurphy
Connoisseur
jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipaq
[QUOTE=RbnJrg;4411605]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy View Post
If the feature is disabled, you will still get widows and orphans.
With the feature disabled, they can be of any size.
With the feature enabled, they are limited to the size(s) specified.[

Since a value of 0 is not allowed and you dont want widows or orphans, then you must employ a value higher than 1. With a value of 1 YOU WILL HAVE WIDOWS AND ORPHANS, then the feature is disabled. A value higher than 1 (the default is 2) means you ARE CONTROLLING widows and orphans, it means you dont want a isolated line at the end or beginning of a page, then you have enabled the feature.
If that answer is not enough for you, then tell me, what value the feature is disabled with? How to disabled the feature? Take into account that a value of 0 is not allowed.
I was responding to JSWolf.
But: Yes, I know that with a value of 1, you will have W&Os. That's EXACTLY what I said. With a value higher than 1, you are controlling the W&Os. Yes, that's exactly what I said.

"Disabled" ("1") means you are not controlling the W&Os.
Any other legal value means you are trying to control the W&Os.
Which is what I said. So, what's your problem? Where do you disagree with me and why so strongly?

I really don't understand your issue, and at any rate, I was correcting the chatbot that is JSWolf.
jmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote